Frequently asked questions
Undergoing Egg or Embryo Donation
Factors to consider for becoming an egg or embryo recipient. Determine if you are a good candidate for egg or embryo donation.
Am I a good candidate for using donor eggs?
You may be a candidate if you have any of these conditions:
- Premature ovarian failure, a condition in which menopause has started much earlier than usual, typically before 40 years of age.
- If your reproductive organs have been damaged, or surgically removed due to disease or other circumstances.
- Diminished ovarian reserve, meaning that the eggs which you have are of low quality; this can often be caused by age because fertility drops off steeply after 40 years of age.
- Genetically transmitted diseases that could be passed on to your child
- A previous history of failure with IVF, especially when your doctor thinks that the quality of your eggs may be the issue.
Are injections required? Can medication be sent via postal mail?
Oral medication is required which may be sent via online pharmacy.
Do you provide fresh embryo donation?
Fresh embryo donation is available as part of egg donation package.
How many eggs do you guarantee per cycle?
What are the laws pertaining to egg donation in the Czech Republic?
The provider who performs methods and procedures of assisted reproduction is required to ensure that mutual anonymity between the donor, the infertile couple, and between the child born is maintained.
The provider who performed the medical assessment of the anonymous donor is bound to keep medical records up to 30 years from the time of artificial fertilization. Underwritten request, the provider is obliged to handover a medical status report of the donor to the recipient, or to the adult child born after assisted reproduction.
Under Czech law, there is no financial or other fee entitlement for the donor after the collection of gametes. The provider is required to pay the donor practical, economical, and demonstrably incurred expenses connected to gametes donation.
Where can I have ultrasounds performed?
If you are a donor recipient of eggs or embryos, you’ll need to have 1 ultrasound performed prior to your arrival. Alternatively, you may have it performed in Prague as all scans are included in the treatment package.
Who selects the egg donor candidate? May I choose?
Physical features such as the donor’s hair or eye colour, height, weight along the level of education may be requested. However, it may take months to find an exact match for a specific donor. If that donor happens to fail, the entire process will be delayed until you find another. The specialist selects the egg donor candidate.
Could not find what you are looking for? Send us your question and we answer as fast as possible