The TimelineYou can spend 1 or 2 nights in Prague. If you prefer to split the visits at the clinic into two, the first visit is for the initial consultation; the second one is for the embryo transfer.
Day 1: Initial consultationThe initial consultation gives you the perfect opportunity to get the specialists to know, discuss all questions and take the gynaecological examination.
- You can have the first visit in two days and consist of a gynaecological examination, ultrasound, STD blood test, and hormone blood test; the female can manage the first visit in two days and consists of a gynaecological examination, ultrasound, STD blood test, and hormone blood test for the female - The male partner will need to undergo an STD blood test and semen analysis
- Both partners will have a meeting with the doctor
- The couple will be leaving the clinic equipped with medication
- The second visit, the female client can arrive on the seventh or eighth day of the cycle for the first ultrasound check-up
- The length of stay is between 8 – 12 days
Day 2: Embryo transferThe embryo or embryos transfer into the uterus is performed without anaesthesia using a thin, flexible catheter (tube), the end of which is guided by ultrasound for precise placement.
- The transfer is entirely painless.
- We recommend you relax at least for the next 24 hours after the transfer before flying back home.
Who the Donors areA specific egg donor is prepared only for you, enabling matching some of the donor´s characteristics. We only use eggs from anonymous volunteer donors that have been carefully preselected and tested.
Our egg donors are only Czech women (Caucasian race = pale skin) under 35 years old. You can choose the egg donor based on your requirement. To guarantee a high quality of donor eggs, our donor undergoes a series of examinations concerning their health, psychological state, and genetics.
- Test for cystic fibrosis
- Sexual health screening to avoid any risk of AIDS, hepatitis B, hepatitis C
- Karyogram (Structural analysis of the chromosomes)
- CFTR (cystic fibrosis),
- SMN1 (gene mutation for spinal muscle atrophy)
- GJB2 (inherited hearing loss)
Requirements for the Treated CoupleThe age limit for the treatment is 48 years for the female who should be in a good health condition and living in a partnership.
You don´t have to be married; however, we cannot treat single women or same-sex couples due to the local legislation.