The initial consultation with our IVF specialists will be arranged online prior the arrival in Prague.
In a native cycle for women with a regular cycle:
ONLY ONE VISIT
to complete the IVF cycle in Prague:
- You need to arrive in Prague directly before your period starts. This utilises your natural menstrual cycle and ovulation
- On the 10 – 11th day of your cycle, you will have an ultrasound uterine lining check-up to know the thickness of the endometrium and size of the follicle
- Embryo transfer follows 4-7 days later
- The length of stay is approximately 20 days, while the partner´s presence is only necessary for 1-2 days
IVF cycle with 5 -10 days of stimulation at home for women with an irregular cycle:
- Preparation takes place using hormone therapy (usually form of pills), and it´s suitable for women with an irregular menstrual cycle or if embryo transfer requires more precise timing
- You can have the first visit in two days and consist of a gynaecological examination, ultrasound, STD blood test, and hormone blood test; the female can manage the first visit in two days and consists of a gynaecological examination, ultrasound, STD blood test, and hormone blood test for the female
- The male partner will need to undergo an STD blood test and semen analysis
- Both partners will have a meeting with the doctor
- The couple will be leaving the clinic equipped with medication
- The second visit, the female client can arrive on the seventh or eighth day of the cycle for the first ultrasound check-up
- The length of stay is between 8 – 12 days
The embryo or embryos transfer into the uterus is performed without anaesthesia using a thin, flexible catheter (tube), the end of which is guided by ultrasound for precise placement.
- The transfer is entirely painless.
- The embryos are injected into the uterine cavity with a small amount of liquid then you will need to rest on the bed for 15 mins.
After the transfer
You can go back to your routine after 1 – 2 weeks, but you should still avoid sports activities, sexual intercourse, or hot baths.
Do you meet the requirement for IVF Treatment?
- The treatment is suitable for opposite-sex couples, but the marriage is not a requirement
- The male partner has to agree with the parental status of the child by signing official consent forms
- The female patient should ideally not be older than 43 years, in a good health condition
- The female hormone level must correlate to treatment with own eggs
- The woman´s BMI needs to be below 35